Enjoy tranquil seascapes and beaches.
Just a short drive on the northern side of Port Stephens you will find the quiet little towns of Hawks Nest and Tea Gardens.
- Browse artworks and creative gifts at Galleries in the Gardens - 81 Marine Drive, Tea Gardens. Open 10am-4pm (closed Tuesdays)
- Take a look at 'Grandis', the tallest tree in New South Wales - find the picnic spot just of the Pacific Highway at Bulahdelah.
- Go bushwalking in the Myall Lakes National Park with a picnic lunch
- Experienced hikers might like to try the Yacaaba Headland walking track
- Take the ferry with Port Stephens Ferry Service across the bay from Tea Gardens to Nelson Bay - dolphins are sighted on 955 of cruises!
- Explore the waterways with a hired kayak or guided tour with Lazy Paddles.
- Hire a boat and go fishing
- Watch dolphins play and see the whales migrate during winter