Explore world heritage-listed natural beauty.
While it's a couple of hours up through Dungog or Stroud to reach Barrington Tops from Karuah, the drive is definitely worth it.
- Don't miss the breathtaking views from Thunderbolts Lookout, once a vantage point for bush rangers, now an easy walk from the visitor car park.
- See the impressive Chichester Dam catchment
- Take the challenge of 4WD'ing the Barrington Trail, open between October and May every year
- In the National Park, stretch your legs and go bush walking and hiking along Aeroplane Hill, Antarctic Beech, and the Blue Gum Loop Trail
- It's great day trip from Karuah, especially if you see wildlife such as wallabies and lyrebirds
Photo credit: Destination NSW