A rich history with a quirky culture
Newcastle is less than an hour's drive from Karuah, a great spot to drive to for the day when holidaying with us.
- Well known for a thriving shopping and dining scene
- Immerse yourself in artistic and cultural experiences, including the Newcastle Art Gallery, housing around 6,500 works of art
- Explore the city’s industrial history, celebrated at the Newcastle Museum
- Boasts eight world class beaches plus the Art Deco Ocean Baths and Merewether Baths
- Take a dip in the convict built Bogey Hole - the oldest ocean pool on the east coast
- For the full listing of things to see and do, head to the Visit Newcastle website
Rather stay closer to the park? Then take a look at how historic our town is.